Lately, I’ve been in the final stages of putting together the manuscript for the book.  As I came to the very end of the project, I spent a couple of days writing a few new bits for a reworked introduction.  I’d never been entirely comfortable with the fact that the first chapter was the introduction, and on the advice of a couple of people who had read the whole manuscript, I made a (rather last minute decision to) change!

Then there were the fiddly bits of things that needed sorting out – making sure that the figure numbers were correct on the files; cutting the manuscript up into its constituent parts; checking that the footnotes were consistent.  All done…

I’m pleased to say that I managed to send the manuscript to the publisher two weeks ahead of schedule.

Advertisements